View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 04:40 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: My rant on today's pop music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltadrummer View Post
Of course, the first thing he says to me is "the music today is garbage." Like that wasn't predictible; and then regals me about the good old days listening to Alice Cooper, Zeppelin and Kiss while his father yelled to turn the music down. Of course the man is deaf in one ear and 50% in the other. Is there a conncetion? Talk about crap..
I never got the Kiss thing.

Somehow in the 70's, I was just a hair too young. Some older kids had the comic and the action figure, so I equated them as characters, and it wasn't until later I realized there was music behind it all.

When I got to PIT, I was surrounded by people who all said they were originally inspired to pick up an instrument by Kiss. So I would go the school's video library and watch Kiss videos for hours, trying to figure out what I missing. I still didn't get it. Peter is a bit sloppy. Gene isn't locking with the drums, and the rhythm guitar isn't locking in with anyone. huh?

So yeah, if someone says music isn't as good as it used to be, and uses Kiss as a reference point, I just have to groan.

Still, I have friends who just worship that band. To each his own I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mediocrefunkybeat View Post
Led Zeppelin,

It doesn't make them a bad band - it just makes them overexposed. And that really kills a lot of music for me.
I like Zep, but I don't feel inspired to own their albums, because they're always on the radio. The hits, the b-sides, the rarities, my local classic rock radio stations play it all on a regular basis.