View Single Post
Old 04-09-2011, 06:44 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: My rant on today's pop music

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
If you want an interesting read about Pink Floyd and record companies read this book:
http://www.amazon.com/Hit-Men-Broker.../dp/0679730613

It discusses how during the Wall, Pink Floyd had a hit album, with sold out concerts, but was not being played on the radio because a record company exec wanted to see what would happen if he didn't bribe radio stations for a change.
It got a lot of air play where I am, and that was before the shows. For The Wall, Pink Floyd did three cities, LA, London and believe it of not Long Island. They played a week of sold out shows that were celebrity and Kennedy attended. I didn't go because I disliked that album. At that point, everyone was jumping on the disco band wagon, and to hear one of my favorite bands doing a disco tune was more than I could bare. But by the time the movie came out, I better understood the satire and the Orwellian references. Years later my uncle says to me, "Oh, I worked security for that show. I could have gotten you in." I should have hit him." That was the last chance to see Pink Floyd with all its members.