View Single Post
Old 04-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: My rant on today's pop music

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Awww Joey, I love lots of old pop. Elton's Candle in the Wind, Fleetwood Mac's Rhiannon, B52s's Love Shack, Bangles's Walk Like an Egyptian, Ben Folds's Brick, Billy Joel's Zanzibar, Crash Test Dummies's Mmm Mmm Mmm Mmm, Eurythmics's Here Comes The Rain Again, George Michaels's I Want Your Sex, Joe Jackson's Breaking Us In Two ... dunno if all these are a huge turnoff for you but for me they're great songs with great playing, singing and arranging.

I'm now an old cow and today's pop doesn't do it for me. As far as I'm concerned, pop started going downhill with the machines. There's some good machine music out there, but most sounds like formulaic blah to me.
im just so irritated by pop music latley, ive made an effort to get over my "metal is the best" elitest attitude but the more i listen to it the more i see boring one two one two beats and assinine lyrics. for the most part pop imo has no heart, no soul, and its intelligence is far from being beyong reproach, it just seems to cater to the lowest common denominator. but i should have specified "todays" pop music.