View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 10:26 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Sound Engineering School Advice ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liebe zeit View Post
Is there anything on the net you could recommend as a sound engineering 101? I ask because I'm looking at my band doing its first gigs soon and I want to get my head round what's involved on the sound side
Not on the net, but in paper book form i once read this book called "the musicians guide to home recording" which i think is a good place to start if you're a beginner.

OP: the 2 issues you've got to make sure your son knows (sorry if this has been said) is that no1 you're unlikely to earn a lot of money as a sound engineer. Of course for some job satisfaction is a lot more important than money but he's got to make sure that he is ok with not being rich before he persues this career. The other thing i think is the fact that as a recording engineer, in order to get songs perfect, you've got to go over the song with a fine-toothed comb, listen and re listen to a song many many times with minor alterations. This is great if you like the song, but there is every chance you might hate the song that you're engineering and are forced to listen to it. My 2 pence anyway.

EHs Music Facebook Page