View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Dream Theater's new drummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltadrummer View Post
So the unofficial word, to destroy the suspense, is that Mike Mangini is the new drummer for Dream Theater. From the rumor mill; but a pretty reliable source. I think a lot of people called it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltadrummer View Post
Mike has also taken a leave of absence from his academic post and I know some of the others that were considered have new projects including Marco Minnemann with UK, and Mark Zonder who is also giving Skype lessons.
Not to be mean Ken, but that's not really news. That has been posted numerous times around here. Until it's "official" it's just a rumor backed with some good evidence.

I gave a lengthly break down of who was still possibly in and out last time this topic came up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naigewron View Post
Yeah, he's been rumoured on and off since last October.

What I can't understand if Mike is the new drummer is why they keep stalling with the announcement.
This is the 10 million dollar question. A few rumors that is it is NOT Mangini use this evidence to back up that he is NOT the guy, because there is no reason to not announce him. While if it's someone who is from another band, record company politics might preclude an official announcement.