View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 07:44 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Some unfortunate things as a Teenager... READ!

Or instead of investing in a whole new kit, how about a set of mesh practice heads? I've heard good things about them and how quiet they are and am thinking of gettng a set for myself. Perhaps if you could show how you could practice without being so loud and disturbing others it would help.

And, also, please don't take this the wrong way...stop whining! Complaining and moaning isn't getting you anywhere so start trying to kill them with kindness, so to speak. You know (and I know you don't want to hear this) you are only 15! There's a lot of life ahead of you to pursue the things you want to do. I'm 43 and just started playing drums a month ago. Sometimes, life gets in the way and we have to adjust and learn to be patient. I know it's not easy but we can't always get what we want when we want it (trust me, that's a life lesson you better start learning now...it never changes, no matter how old you are!).

If drumming truly is your passion, that won't go away if you have to wait a little while to start it. In the mean time, get a pair of sticks and practice on a pillow, on boxes, or whatever you have.

I really hope it all works out for you and I hope I wasn't too harsh. Good Luck!