View Single Post
Old 03-28-2011, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Update on Wac'd Drums

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Gary, you know I'm a fan, but I have to be honest, I'm not liking the tom holder design. Although your lugs will behave differently to standard stuff, I never subscribe to it being a good idea to hang off lugs on one side of a drum. It promotes an uneven deflection of the hoop & associated lugs, & I believe that offers the potential of a sustain sink. I prefer mounts that allow the drum to sit evenly supported over greater than 180 degrees of the diameter, rather than loading up one side of the drum.

Like I said earlier, you can never please everyone, & I'm just an irrelevant design anal spec on the drumming landscape. It looks good, & probably works just fine on anything but thin shelled drums, so the vast majority of customers will be more than happy.
No problem Andy , Just remember that this is the prototype so you know changes will be made. But surprisingly they work great! One of the things we noticed with all of the other suspension mounts , is that while you are hitting the drum if you pick up the front of the drum the tone changes and in most cases the drum goes flat. It doesn't happen with these for some odd reason. I believe that it has to do with the mount floating with the lugs and no pressure being put on the shell.
I really need to get on the ball with the videos so you can hear the differences.
Keep me on my toes!

edit - re-read your post and yes one of the things we've been talking about is extending further around to additional lugs for support. Also unlike Gauger mounts we won't be letting the rubber bushing use the hoop as the stop point. I know the pic shows it this way but that is going to change. So yes I completely understand where your coming from now.