View Single Post
Old 03-25-2011, 02:06 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Disappointment in bassists :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stalwart_Pandora-Chris View Post
I think I'm the only one taking this band serious aswell! I'm 15 yes, but I love to play music and want to continue it.
Are you playing with guys of similar age? If so, then in my experience this sort of chopping, changing and inability to settle with a permanent lineup are quite common. In my mid teen years I could never get guys to take it as serious as myself and one or two others either. One week a guy wants to play guitar......next week he wants to build and race go-karts. Unfortunately, it's the nature of the teenage beast. A quest for self-discovery doesn't always equate to commitment.

Unfortunately, it's a fact of life that changing ones mind is what teenagers do....and regularly. It stands to reason too, teenagers are still figuring out who they are and what they like, so they tend try many things but tire of them easily. How do i know? I remember my teenage years well mate (it's my 20's where things start to get a little hazy)

Just wait a few years mate......by late teens/early twenties you'll find a lot more likeminded people who are as serious as you are. People just like you, who are serious about it and have never been able to find people to stick at it with them either. Just spend this time learning, cutting your teeth and honing your craft. See it as an opportunity to learn how NOT to do it. Keep at it and know that there is light at the end of the tunnel......then you get to have some real fun!! :-)