Thread: Show your wood
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2011, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Show your wood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
Wow... Those are gorgeous Adam. Very cool. I have a Yamaha Oak, but it's Honey Amber and thus not appropriate for this thread ;) I love the oak grain.
Thanks, Oak kits sound and look beautiful.. in that order. Show off your wood... drums.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathmetalconga View Post
Whoa - those are not stained? Unbelievable! Natural wood rules. Well, sometimes. Stains and fades look nice too but sometimes the natural pattern of wood is very dramatic.
As far as I know, they are only lacquered. You can also see the grain on the inside of the shells, but the lacquer really brings out the grain. I developed a pet peeve for shells being a different color on the inside, ie. a nice veneer on the outside and a bright plain raw wood on the inside, so this kit is satisfying on so many levels.
Also, I didn't realize your kit wasn't stained, that's pretty amazing! Nothing like a dense wood kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
Now that's probably one of the most striking grained oak kits I've ever seen, Stunning! Must be a faster growing variety like red oak or similar. Love it!
Thanks man!