Thread: Phil Rudd fined
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 08:59 PM
Rebel

Default Re: Phil Rudd fined

Polly, it amazes me as well.

This some sort of blow out scandal on a old lowly drummer who wants to get relaxed on his personal boat. Phil has contributed so much in investing money in NZ, a helicopter company in place, employees working for him and so on.

It's always the working class being hurted day by day, by any means. While the white collar delinquents are living in luxury, debauchery, drug dealing and running wild. Where is the law or that law?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Ian, it's weird. The Kiwis are normally the most relaxed, informal people you'll ever meet. This incident is sooo at odds with the impression I had when I holidayed there.

The stupidity of this bust amazes me. Think of the money spent in prosecuting this case ... police wages, clerical staff, the magistrate, court admin, records, IT ... thousands. All to bust a harmless old rock star who likes to chill with a bit of herb. The losers - Phil and the NZ taxpayer. The winners - the cop, the lawyers, the court staff (who get easy money for a low pressure non-issue), journalists and proselytising politicians. Funny thing, whenever you do these sums, lawyers, journalists and politicians always seem to be in the winners column.

I don't really favour official legalisation for the same reason as Jim mentioned - better to be a laissez faire "prohibition".

Vince, I'd better stop now or people won't be able to tell us apart :)

INOG, not sure how old you are but I can vouch for the fact that people over 50 like to enjoy themselves too.

Last edited by Ian Williams; 03-15-2011 at 09:31 PM.