View Single Post
Old 03-14-2011, 09:38 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Music's deadliest genre

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post
When I was a wee little one, TV seemed to sanitized, projecting a word that is perfect. Happy Days, Leave it to Beaver re-runs, and such all portrayed that when you grow up, life is pretty good. Problems are minor, can all be solved in a 1/2 hour.

Then you grow up, and reality sets in that life isn't so picture perfect. Be it finding a job, dealing a lay off, not liking your job, living life in a cubicle or whatever, getting dumped, death of a loved one, war, politics, etc.

I think may people get this feeling that, wow, my life is screwed up because it's not that perfect TV life.
I've posted this before, but I think it's worth another spin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTN3s2iVKKI

Great post, DED. The Cobain point is interesting. I did the standard rock muso thing when I was young but I never did smack. Given my addictive personality, I knew that it would be an inevitable one-way street so I was cautious. But then again, when peers were quitting their jobs to play music I always hung on to the security of the day job.

That devil-may-care attitude is something many good musos bring to the table. It takes a certain bravado to get up there night after night, bearing in mind that public speaking was always commonly listed one of people's greatest fears. Musos are usually different. Women have always known that.