View Single Post
Old 03-11-2011, 03:35 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Music's deadliest genre

Geez Frosty, Funeral Doom sounds like a major downer. Wikipedia says that "Funeral doom ... places an emphasis on evoking a sense of emptiness and despair".

They could just as easily just work in business performance analysis like I do and save themselves the trouble. Then they could listen to happier music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellwyck View Post
Charlie Sheen isn't a music genre, he's an actor - Why's he in the discussion?
lol - good point, Hell ... I guess I mentioned him for the same reason as Edmund Hilary gave for climbing Mount Everest :) He's kind of a rock star, isn't he?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inneedofgrace
I am truly amazed that there are so many musicians still alive who played in the 1960s and 1970s, based on the lifestyles they lived.
I agree, INOG. Mick Jagger is a good example. Apparently he lives really healthily now, and his stage act still looks like a huge workout. How Keef survived ... that's a mystery. I think it's because he was never really a tortured soul - he's just a really hedonistic guy. The ones who died all seemed to wear life more heavily than him and I'm guessing that at least part of their self abuse was about escape, maybe self destructiveness in some cases.