View Single Post
Old 03-08-2011, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Homogenous Blend A Must-Family>Music>Career

I feel you, Jim. Every relationship is different. I gave up a lot more than music for my wife and we still ended up divorced. My new wife is awsome. She's the one that motivated me to start playing again. She doesn't mind if I'm in a band as long as I host practices. We have young kids and they all like to rock when I'm playing even when it's by myself or along with music from my ipod over loud speakers. Kinda fun to watch my 2 year old dance.

I'm one of those you would be hesitant about...I know this and thats why it will be a while before I'll be willing to start/join a serious group and look for gigs. But it is definately a future goal. For me, there was nothing like playing with a talented group of friends where we all clicked...personality wise and most of all, musically. That groove we all feel where nothing else seems to exist but sound of our music and the crowd digging it.

I miss it. But my priorities are securing my family's future. I've been fortunate and we're close, but for now the few people I play with is just for mutual fun.