Thread: Top 5
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2011, 02:21 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Williams View Post
I love those Purple albums, Black Sabbath the 1st? that one has a touch of dark blues, Pinups? please refresh my mind, from which band? LZ I - tha's a master-piece.

...Ian to the waitress: Please I want a crunch Vegetarian Supreme Pizza + a cold beer! ;]

Si es cierto! A dónde se han ido los buenos tiempos! Where have all the good times gone...

Congrats, keep practising Spanish. You are quick learner!
It's funny. I have almost no interest in hard rock these days but when I hear the old Purple, Sabs etc it always gives me a nostalgia buzz.

Yep, I was really keen Sabs's first album, especially the title track ...
What is this that stands before me?
Figure in black that points at me
Turn round quick and start to run
Find out I'm the chosen one ... OH LORD NO!!
All with that spooky bell and then ... BAM! LOL - love it! Pure B-grade horror schlock. When I started reading The Exorcist I went into my room, turned off the lights and lit candles, sparked up a doobie, turned on Sabs Vol 1 and lay back reading ... waaay too much fun :)

Pinups was David Bowie playing old covers with a crack band including the mighty Aynsley Dunbar. Heaps of great covers - Here Comes the Night, See Emily Play, I Wish You Would, Sorrow (my band plays the Bowie version), Friday On My Mind, Don't Bring Me Down, Shapes of Things - it rocks!