View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 09:18 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: I can't take it anymore! Wife smokes, I don't. Tips are welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
Pol I didn't know you quit! What was your quit date? Congratulations!

I wish that if people did have to smoke, they would grow their own tobacco and not feed the evil tobacco corporations that kill and pollute. Yes I realize that is naieve, it's just that the big corporations are clearly your enemy, and I encourage people to find alternative places to spend their money. Don't feed the enemy!

You know how there are microbreweries? Is there a parallel in tobacco's case? Does Big Tobacco even allow this?

If we all stopped giving the big corporations our money, they would lose their stranglehold on the world. Find Alternatives!

That's my thought for the day.
Thanks Larry. Not sure of the exact day. I started on the patches around the time we played at the bowling club during Nov last year. Since I'm hard core I was also using gums and lozenges (unlike Razor, I really like them). I'm off the patches but still taking the lollies.

I don't call it quitting any more (MikeM take note) I call it stopping.

Tobacco takes a helluva lot of curing etc - being stored in a specific temperature and humidity for a year - or it tastes as rough as guts. So it's a big production job that's suited to big companies. Big tobacco's main crime is putting thousands of chemicals into cigs, including is benzoapyrene, which I read is one of the most potent known carcinogenics. They also put in poisons like cadmium, lead, arsenic, ammonia, formaldehyde and benzene. Obviously they are put in for a reason (to help burning and whatnot). They also put in sugar to sweeten them up (good for the kiddies) and other crap to aid the absorption of nicotine (so you get more addicted).

The big corporations - lead by media barons - already rule the world and the only change I can see is they will tighten their grip. I just try to fly under the radar, which is why I keep so quiet on public forums :)

I've did some quitting smoking cartoons in 2006 when I tried to quit. Here's one for Chaymus