Thread: Lord Marco
View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 03:03 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: Lord Marco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frost View Post
I understand where you are coming from, and I'm more of a prog/post rock fan then metal, the majority of metal I listen to is doom/black not death metal.

Death metal is very sonically dense, it is that wall of sound that puts most people off the genre, I was just making the point that it isn't mindless.

I just felt you implied with your post that he wasn't doing anything interesting, not that you disliked the sound of it, disliking the sound is fair enough, to say what he was doing is pointless however, isn't really justified.

The point of this music, isn't simply to be technical, there is an element of it, but you find that same element with experimental jazz/free jazz at times.

If that was the only point, why would he occasionally slow down and play beats that high schoolers could learn?

Millions of people like the sound of death metal, and enjoy that style of playing, just like you enjoy a well done 4/4 beat, as do I, despite my cynical remark.
I meant that I respect his skill, but I dislike some of the bands he plays in.
I used to listen to Cadaver, Deicide, Emperor, Cryptopsy, Panzerchrist, Berzerker, 1349 and so on(I'm from Norway, so there's a lot of metal here), but in the later years I've sort of grown out of it. It's good "angry-music" though..
I thought it was a bit weird that you have "baby" dodds in your avatar, and talk a lot about metal ;)