Thread: Twitter?
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2011, 04:27 PM
Gold Member

Default Re: Twitter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
It can be used almost like a search engine. For instance I typed in Gretsch and found a bunch of drum, guitar related folks.
Absolutely! And the nice thing is that its easy to connect with the people who you find through the search. And in the future, they will continue to provide you with content you're interested in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellwyck View Post
I have one for my band
One for personal
One for my music promotions

I keep track of my friend's bands
Thats the way to do it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaard View Post
Can't spell Twitter without twit. Seriously though, I've never understood the reason for it. Maybe if you're some kind of movie-star or a famous band, but for more regular folks, you can always use Facebook or other social medias.
Never understood the fascination with people writing "Going to the toilet" and the people following. Maybe I'm just not star-struck enough..
There are a million uses. I pretty much don't follow anyone famous, except some drummers, and I happen to get virtually no stupid tweets like the one you referenced. I do however get insider tips from various drum resources, because they go to Twitter before anywhere else, since its so easy. To each his own, I suppose ;)