I said approximately on the res, I couldn't remember the exact numbers, just that that was what it rounded up to on three screens. And yeah, 6950 sorry, ATI cards can be a bit confusing in the order they go in sometimes. The processor is a Phenom II X6 1100T of some description I think, AMD make a ton of different processors with only subtle variations and I'm not an expert on computers.
Have you seen the screens for Battlefield 3 yet? World exclusive previews in the February issue of Game Informer.
Originally Posted by sixteenxnine
Ummm... 7-series cards aren't even out yet; so it's likely that you mean to have a "6" in that model number? And the rez, well, you were kinda close; it'd either be 7680x1440 or 7680x1600.
I play Battlefield Bad Company 2 quite a bit; I have a decent rig set up, as I'm editor in chief of one of the oldest PC gaming hardware websites/communities... I've gotten the chance to review quite a bit of product pre-release over the years.
... These sorts of activities are cutting into time I'd rather spend working on album concepts, writing songs, promoting my band etc so there's a good possibility I may retire from gaming for good.
- Phenom II x6 1055t @ 3.96ghz
- Kingwin XT-1264 cooler with extra 120mm fan
- Asus M4N98TD EVO nforce 980a SLI motherboard
- 2x2gb A-DATA DDR3-1600
- Present GPU: NVIDIA reference GTX 570; I used to have another one (SLI) but I recently sold it
- Mushkin 60gb Sandforce SSD
- 2x250gb WD2500KS RAID 0
- Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case
- Antec Earthwatts EA650 PSU
- DVD drive (I'd like to have a Blu-Ray drive though)
- Samsung B2430 24" 1080p LCD
- Sanyo 27" 720p TV (secondary/couch display)
- Kingwin slim keyboard
- MS Sidewinder X5 mouse
- Logitech Revolution/MX5500 (bluetooth couch keyboard/mouse)
- Win 7 Ultimate
I dig Left 4 Dead 2 as well (and also Lost Planet 2, Meto 2033, Gears of War PC, Halo 2 PC, Mirror's Edge, HAWX 2 & others), but BC2 has had me under its thumb since the beta.