Originally Posted by Frost
My best mate just set up a rig with 2x ATI 8950 2gb cards running Eyefinity. Three 27" 120hz screens at once running BC2 in approximately 8000x2000 res.
My god but it is beautiful, and the sound with the surround on the floating floor we built, we could just sit there all day watching it.
Ummm... 7-series cards aren't even out yet; so it's likely that you mean to have a "6" in that model number? And the rez, well, you were kinda close; it'd either be 7680x1440 or 7680x1600.
I play Battlefield Bad Company 2 quite a bit; I have a decent rig set up, as I'm editor in chief of one of the oldest PC gaming hardware websites/communities... I've gotten the chance to review quite a bit of product pre-release over the years.
... These sorts of activities are cutting into time I'd rather spend working on album concepts, writing songs, promoting my band etc so there's a good possibility I may retire from gaming for good.
- Phenom II x6 1055t @ 3.96ghz
- Kingwin XT-1264 cooler with extra 120mm fan
- Asus M4N98TD EVO nforce 980a SLI motherboard
- 2x2gb A-DATA DDR3-1600
- Present GPU: NVIDIA reference GTX 570; I used to have another one (SLI) but I recently sold it
- Mushkin 60gb Sandforce SSD
- 2x250gb WD2500KS RAID 0
- Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case
- Antec Earthwatts EA650 PSU
- DVD drive (I'd like to have a Blu-Ray drive though)
- Samsung B2430 24" 1080p LCD
- Sanyo 27" 720p TV (secondary/couch display)
- Kingwin slim keyboard
- MS Sidewinder X5 mouse
- Logitech Revolution/MX5500 (bluetooth couch keyboard/mouse)
- Win 7 Ultimate
I dig Left 4 Dead 2 as well (and also Lost Planet 2, Meto 2033, Gears of War PC, Halo 2 PC, Mirror's Edge, HAWX 2 & others), but BC2 has had me under its thumb since the beta.