Thread: Stephen King
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 04:57 PM

Default Re: Stephen King

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradGunnerSGT View Post
The Dark Tower is a masterwork, and you will love the ending. Even though people constantly say "I can't wait for this to be made into a movie", I really hope they don't. Hollywood has a hard time capturing what makes his books great and translating that into movies, especially the made for TV ones (Langoliers...ugh). I'd hate to see The Dark Tower dumbed down by mainstream Hollywood with stupid casting decisions, a ridiculously gutted story with half the plot points taken out, focus on special effects more than story and characters, cheesy special effects, etc....
Exciting. I`m in the middle of book 5 now and I love it.
I don`t know how they are going to put all together into three films. The script has to be perfect and the casting also has to be perfect. Imagine Roland played by an lousy actor. It will ruin it at...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradGunnerSGT View Post
I just read "It" (finally!) a few months ago and I think it is one of his better novels. Now I wish I had never seen the TV miniseries and that I would have been able to go into the story "cold", as it were. It would have made it that much better.
Yes itīs definitely a hard book to read. I remember that the first part was unstable but then it turned out to be one of his best. If you haven`t read The Stand I really recommend it.