View Single Post
Old 12-27-2010, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Barriemore Barlow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio Ponti View Post
Hey!

just saw this, yes I did transcribe the whole second half of A Passion Play myself. Some parts just list the time signatures and the grooves but most of it it's note-for-note. I can make copies and send them to you. I also have the whole Minstrel In The Gallery album transcribed if anyone wishes to have those, Baker St. Muse and all, and most Tull songs with Barrie like Dark Ages, No Lullaby and many more.

I can not find that mag Drum Head over here. Any chances of someone getting it for me in change of some Barlow transcriptions? Even just photocopies of the Barrie interview?

Sergio
Hello Sergio,
I am Honza from Prague, Czech republic, I play in a band called "Bratranci Veverkove Jethro Tull Tribute Band" for 2 years. Barry Barlow is my the most influent drummer among all drummers in the world. I am just amazed of his style of playing. You can watch some You Tube things of our gigs here in Prague. We do have friends among Jethro Tull Tribute bands in the world, Beggar's Farm or Mother Goose from Italy as well. Our guitar player writes down all the notes which he transcribes from hearing to the music software (Guitar Pro, Sibelius etc.). But I am very interested of your work. Now I am approaching to the Minstrel In The Gallery song. It is really hard to play. Could you please inform me or help me with some special breaks which Barry plays? I would be very grateful of any hearing from you.
Best wishes in 2011.
Honza

Last edited by Honza; 12-27-2010 at 11:48 PM.