Thread: Wynton Marsalis
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 10:25 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Wynton Marsalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith View Post
Huh? Who said anything about the musicians he plays with? I ask again...are you truly reading the posts or are you merely replying with things you wanted to say in advance?
I was just attempting to clarify the point about listening to him; you made a reference to it and I was just reaffirming that by listening to him I'm not exactly listening to him in person, I am listening to a whole collaboration of brilliant musicians, that was all. I probably shouldn't have used the word "you", by "you" I meant the universal "you" as in everyone but me. I didn't accuse you particularly of slandering the people that play with him, maybe that came across wrong, internet posts often do with little sleep and rushed words. I am also Australian, we use a lot of grammatically incorrect figure of speeches.

Quote:

I don't think there's anything wrong with being passionate. Frost and I are cool and have already said as much.
I agree, there is certainly no issue and never was.

Quote:

Personally if I were the greatest lover of rock music I would find it disconcerting to think that future cultures may not even know of an entire genre of music.
Metal has survived and evolved over the past three - four decades depending on your definition of when it actually started. While popular, more so then most people believe, it is a complete anathema of commercial music and has gained little to no acceptance within the academia, despite certain artists making incredible leaps forward stylistically and creatively.

Regardless of the fact that many people still have the opinion that metal is loud noise and that the people that listen to it are troubled teenagers and Satanists, I doubt it will disappear any time soon, regardless of who writes what about it.