View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 11:35 PM
Silver Member

Default Re: Who else writes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
What will your focus be in when you do Arts, Frost?

Used to write a few lyrics. Also wrote a novel in the 90s that publishers sensibly rejected and wrote a kids' story (pitched at about age 10 to early teens) which was rejected because publishers considered the wizard in it too occult. Not long afterwards Harry Potter became a best seller.

Around 2004/5 I was writing a sci fi/fantasy story but I got distracted and by the time I got back to it, I decided the idea was good but was unhappy with my approach. I might revive it if I can workshop it with someone else; without other people questioning and challenging me I can easily lose my way ... hence my presence here :)
Literature/Creative writing, not doing music unfortunately.

Sounds like you've been pretty busy as a writer, I can only hope that one day I'll have something worth taking to a publisher. The bit about the wizard must really suck, I'd hate it if I put all that time and effort into writing something to have it get turned down at that stage over something like that. Sci-fi/Fantasy is kind of what I write as well, but it's very metaphorical, I tend to reflect a lot of personal struggles, problems with the world, in a fantasy approach.