Thread: Don Brewer
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 10:55 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Don Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonzodownunder View Post
One of my teachers gave me a copy of Grand Funk Railroad live(vinyl) as he knew i was into heavy rock &heavy metal.I borrowed not ever hearing of them before(not sure how popular or not they were here in Australia).After hearing the drum solo i went out &bought not just 1 but both of the Grand Funk Railroad live cd,s.I consider him to have one of the fastest right foot in the history of rock drumming! & his technique!.Does anyone on here know what brand/model/series drums&cymbals/sticks/heads he used then? (i.e colour/sizes)
Ta china/cobber/digger/mates! :)
Adrian.
Hay I am pretty sure that during that early period Brewer was using 60's Ludwig classic 3 ply shells in red sparkle.Drum sizes look to be 22 or 24 bass,13 or 14 tom,16 or 18 floot tols(2) and a ludwig supraphonic snare.His cymbals sound like Zildjian,14"hats,18/20" crashes and 20 maybe 22" ride.Tsaw 1 overhead photo of his kit and all the heads looked like coated remo"s probably ambassidor's.His hardware looked like Ludwig and he probably used a speedking pedal.Sticks?anybodies guess probably 5a 5b or 2b they were pretty popular in tha day.
Steve B