Thread: Virgil Donati
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2006, 06:16 AM

Default Re: Check out Virgil

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnhiggins
I guess my issue here is that it seems like you're allowed to have taste in drummers as long as you don't dislike Virgil Donati, or his little self-appointed Internet Minions will come out and lambast you for your arrogance.
It is my guess that one makes comments like this to inflame reponse. It is comments like these whereby one loses some crediblity with me. It is comments like these that one gets accused of arrogance. I guess my issue here is that it seems like you're allowed to have taste in drummers as long as you agree that Virgil cannot groove.( Does thinking so mean I couldn't possibly know what groove is? or be able to recognize it in other drummers?) I enjoy all the debate here until there are comments like these that tend to imply one's opinion is superior over anothers. All the intellectualizing done here will not change my view about Virgil or any other drummer. It is great reading, entertaining and I respect it greatly but.... if we all keep the comments on target and not against each other this thread may have a chance of not being closed.