View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 06:09 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Show Off Your PEARL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep it simple View Post
I'm not usually a fan of Pearl drums (do like some of the hardware though) but your set looks beautiful. Very clean & sharp. Liking the look of those kick drum claws too. As for the FF, well, I always have been a fan. It's still the snare bargain of the year award from me. They might lack a touch of character, but for volume, sensitivity (16" wire model especially), & build quality, they're difficult to beat at any price. Great gigging "go to" snare. Liking that kit finish. The fact that it's a lacquer elevates it way beyond a wrap for me. Cool!
Thanks! I've heard a lot of folks on this board get down on Pearl drums, which is weird, to me. These Refs are easily the best drums I've ever heard and I've never seen build quality *anywhere* close to this. The shells are perfect, edges are flawless, as is the hardware and finish. The tuning range is beyond anything I've tried so far, and the sound is top-shelf. Different strokes, I guess.

The FF is a good workhorse, indeed. LOVE the "glidelock" strainer. I've got 30-strand Puresound wires on it...it's almost TOO sensitive! ;)