View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 11:16 PM

Default Re: You have to “make it” outside your own country first

Just a couple thoughts...

For one, there are resources for IP addys to be used to see where your fans are. However, they're not entirely accurate. IP addressing is a complicated thing, and there's things that can mess with that. It's good enough to give you an idea though. There's other ways I'd finger-test where my fans are.

I don't really think you have to relocate to be successful (unless you live in WV). I think you have to be willing to go play where your fans are though. You also have to be willing to play where you don't have fans. That right there is how you grow your fan base. You don't have to relocate because of the Internet. At the end of the day you have to get your music in the ears of the people that will possibly like it enough to buy your records. For that matter, thanks to the Internet, you don't even need a record label really. At this point, I don't even see what they're good for. Hell, labels are recruiting more and more from the Internet and less from showcases and demos.