View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 12:50 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Post pictures of your... NON-drum instruments?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumEatDrum View Post

I've also found some guitars are more forgiving than others. I borrowed a buddies acoustic, and I couldn't play the thing to save my life. The strings were set high, and it was a pain to fret. But after an hour on that, I picked my normal guitar, and suddenly playing my guitar seemed like a breeze. Another buddy brought over his electric, and I found certain figured were easier to ply on his guitar than mine. Necks, frets and string sizes really all play into ease of use.
It's unfortunate that a good handful of entry level instruments are like you mentioned above, DED. Setup horribly and hard for beginners to play for very long without getting hurt.

The action is quite nasty on the banjo my GF got - she stops playing after about 5 minutes and curses me for being able to play pretty much indefinably. Realize how much I took it for granted that since a young age, I've always had at least a beat up old acoustic, often missing a couple stings around to make noise on. I really don't remember ever getting blisters like I did when I started playing drums.

Classical guitars with nylon strings are (imo) a breeze, to play. I'd recommend one to anyone who wants to give it a go without killing your fingers. (Although you still need fairly short nails...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUNTERSDAD View Post
Me and my band. Apple Macbook with GarageBand newest upgrade, Yamaha Midi and M-Audio Oxygen 8 -ll. Just for tinkering.
Mmmm... your band is much younger than mine:

I imagine your drummer is a better timekeeper than mine!