View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 08:53 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: i am not like most of you!

Wow. That's a great story. Sounds like something that should be made into a movie.

However, I was always told, it's what you do with all those experiences that determines who and what you are. Can't relate to us? We can't relate to you? That sounds like a I give up phrase. You're only two years older than I am and you sound like you've come to the end of the line. I seem to be rediscovering things I like about myself all the time and mentally I still feel like that kid in college who's about to take on the world. You can be however you want here (or anywhere for that matter), and if you didn't go through what you've already been through, do you think you'd relate any better? Everybody here seems to have one gripe or another about something, yet we're all dealing with what we've been dealt, and most of us are ok (right, people?).

If we apply the rule that "police officers only have police officer friends because they can't relate to the society they have to protect or apprehend", then does this mean you should only be befriending and relating transient hunter assaulted farmhand fishermen with dead or dying mothers?

I think not in this case. Buck up, brave little toaster!