View Single Post
Old 10-02-2010, 04:24 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Make it hard for their customers, the customers will avoid the stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolving_machine View Post
I am not sure you understand the purpose of what I am proposing.
I disagree. I think I understand perfectly ... your proposal.
Quote:
It is an alternative to the Guitar Centers and the Sam Ash chain stores that buy in bulk and only have in their stores what they get in a large volume discounts.
Sure, you conjure up an alternative. But is it viable? I don't think so. It's a nice "pipe dream", but by no means a "realistic" commercial venture.
Quote:
Yes, I have not thought out all the permutations and all the possibilities of what this would look like; I am making a proposal as an alternative. This is not a thesis paper, nor is it a business plan; it is a discussion amongst fellow drummers.
And so I put forth my opinion, as part of this discussion. I am entitled to have an opinion, am I not?
Quote:
The details are not really hard to work out provided some of the large manufactures would take on this endeavor.
Taking care of the details is the only way you turn "dreams" into "reality".[
Quote:
But, if you like the current situation,
I really don't have to like, or dislike, the current situation. The only thing I need to do is accept it for what it is.
Quote:
you do not need to be upset at this proposal and please go on with your life [
Now you're just being condescending.
Quote:
I did not think of the show-case stores when I first started this post. It was after I saw so many fellow drummers that were frustrated with their own Guitar Centers that I asked myself what could be done differently. Now, if you can come up with a better solution for an alternative to the Guitar Centers, I will not hold back and fight you on it.
One of the "main" problems with Guitar Center, is the company that owns them also owns Musicians Friend and Music 123. So if you don't like the service you get, in the store ... you go on line ... and there's a good chance you're still gonna buy the item from them. You're shopping from the same store, different window.
Musical instruments, in and of themselves, are mostly "luxury" items. And as such, if they stopped making drums tomorrow, the world would continue, without so much as missing a beat. I've been drumming for 43 years, and I have never yet experienced anything close to a life threatening, drum equipment problem.
Sure, I've experienced a few "inconvieniences" over the years. But that's all they've been.