Thread: Too Sensitive?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Too Sensitive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pollyanna View Post
Poor guy - apparently a promising young violinist too. His roommate and one of his roommate's friends used a webcam to video him having sex with a man and Twittered about it. Full-on public humiliation in front of all the people he knew.

That would be very hard for a sensitive kid, too young to know much about life and trying to make sense of his sexuality and his place in the world. Pity no one could have told him the old saying, "This too shall pass" ...

The weakness of character of the sadistic fools who robbed this young muso of his privacy and public dignity - and his life - dwarfs any weakness found anywhere else in this sad tale IMO
I somehow missed that he was gay, and I suppose that was the whole point of it. And I don't know why, but it's especially sad to me when a musician goes..

I guess I'm pretty insensitive when it comes to religious reasoning used to stop you from being who you are. This kid was 18, three years younger than me. I guess I don't know how it feels to be gay and surrounded by people who are intolerent, and I don't know what it feels like to care what society thinks about my personal life.