Thread: Too Sensitive?
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 01:55 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Too Sensitive?

Yes, this is tragic, and no parent (or anybody) should have to go through something like this.

I suppose my observation would be, perhaps this has been happening for a long time. But thanks to the internet, we hear about it so much more often. It wasn't that long ago when you could actually hear different news stories depending on what channel you were watching (of the small stories anyway, the big world news was about always covered the same). But now, everyone is so connected, it's hard to not hear the same story told by different people throughout a given news day.

People tell me human beings have changed alot, but I don't think so. We're still dealing with the same issues socially that we always have.

But as was already pointed out, people deal with things in different ways. For someone to consider suicide as an alternative to a social challenge they're dealing with is something I'll never understand. At some point in their young lives they missed the boat on something, and we'll never know what that was, and they'll never grow up to find out how to deal with it.