View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Make it hard for their customers, the customers will avoid the stores.

I tried this earlier, but I guess I did not make my point well. Suppose, Pearl would have a store, that really did not sell anything directly, but just showed the products to the people. Perhaps they had the ability to direct you to an online store where you could make the purchases. As musicians we need to touch the product once in a while that we are about to purchase. In this store, Pearl would be able to show their new product line, show off their older products, have complete control over the training of their staff.

Pearl would benefit from the accurate advertisement of their products. The UPS/ FEDEX trucks are just a day away. Personally I need to hear and feel the snare drum before I make a purchase. I can not tell from other drummerís description of the snare how I will like it. Yes there are some products that are easy to describe, but for the most part, I need to touch it.

I believe this is the type of thing many of you were talking about when you said the stores will eventually change. This is the same concept as what used to be Sears catalog stores. The supply in the store could be limited to just demo items or an occasional sale item.