View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Make it hard for their customers, the customers will avoid the stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
Of course. I don't expect the box stores to have that kind of stuff.
Bermuda
The retail environment is so dicey now. Whatever industry there is a big box store. They choose not to carry all that stuff because they know that most purchasers want to buy instantly and will, generally, settle for what is available at the lowest cost.Hence, the limited selection. (best sellers).
The industry I work in is no different. The way we compete (very successfully) is to provide a bigger selection (most of which are not available at the box stores), better service (which the majority of box stores have little to none) and knowledgable sales staff ( absent at most big boxers) These variables cost more to have and this is passed on to the consumer. The consumer will pay for it if they see value in it, if they have built a relationship with my staff and trust that the product and service will perform as promised.
There are many places a consumer has to spend their money. Most won't buy the most expensive or the least expensive either. They will buy where they feel they will get the best value.
Except drummers. they are cheap ba$trds.