Thread: Meg White
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 01:58 PM

Default Re: Meg White

Reading posts praising the white stripes really scares me as a musician. Their live sound is very average. Megs drumming skills are basic at best. Her singing is aweful. People say her "awesome" drumming fits with the bands sound. What a crock. As many skilled drummers on this forum would know, you don't have play complicated beats to groove. She does not groove.
This is where the music industry is just so wrong. There are so many great bands around the place that play to almost empty rooms, yet bands like the white stripes play on the big stage to massive crowds and probably make a fortune from it. I read a post earlier saying her style is a bit like Charlie Watts. Seriously, Charlie's drumming skills are like Buddy Rich compared to Meg. If she was a fat ugly chic, no one would even know of them. Next thing Meg will be listed in the drummers on Drummerworld. Oh hang on, I had better check that she is not already.