View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 02:23 AM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

Default Re: Make it hard for their customers, the customers will avoid the stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobdadruma View Post
There is no way that a store could stock a full line of Agop cymbals being that only 1 in 1000 people that shop for cymbals will buy one... There are thousands of pieces of drum hardware on Musicians Friend.
No store could stock all of that.
Obviously a single store can't keep everything on hand, but I'm talking about a major chain store not having basic parts. Not having more than a handful of Zildjians or Sabians on hand. Not having a complete set of heads for a kit.

I'm not interested in them ordering something for me, I can do that without leaving the house. I go to GC looking for something I need right now, not in 3 or 4 days, and I go there only because they're close by. But my faith diminishes every time I go in and walk pout with nothing, which is most of the time.

Maybe it's my fault for expecting to go to a drum department to find what I need. Perhaps I need to anticipate every need by several days, and buy online. I'll have to work on my psychic abilities.

Bermuda