View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 02:11 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Make it hard for their customers, the customers will avoid the stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
I started lessons 45 years ago, have been playing professionally for over 35 years, and I don't know it all, either.

That's why I occasionally rely on somebody behind the counter of store with a relative handful of items and brands to at least know what they are! It's not right that I know more about the items being sold than the person selling them.

Then again, maybe I should just go work for Guitar Center and show everyone how it's supposed to be done. Maybe when I'm finished with drumming as a career, I'll give it a shot.

Bermuda
I hear it'll be an extra $900 in your pocket a month! Kids make more money flipping burgers at the In-N-Out.

And not to make this a political discussion, this situation about paying for people isn't going to get any better any time soon. Companies are worried about hiring people because they don't know how much they'll be paying out in the next year. Tax cuts look to be eliminated, and then there's that health care debacle the government is making everybody pay for to insure those that don't have insurance. You want to talk about how screwed up it is from the top - down.....don't get me started!

If I was a potential employer of labor, why would I hire anybody if I don't know I can actually afford to have them and keep them? If mostly all the employers are thinking this way, no wonder the economy stays flat. Nobody makes money, nobody buys anything, products don't get sold, you get the idea.

OK, I'm fine now. I'm thinking of my vacation to Maui soon.