View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 09:58 PM
Drummerworld Pro Drummer - Administrator

Default Re: Make it hard for their customers, the customers will avoid the stores.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azrae1l View Post
they opted to fire their knowledgeable higher payed people in favor of highschool kids who didn't play at all for minimal pay.
It's not always about the good guys getting fired, often they're promoted into regional positions or brought straight into corporate, or they move on because of lack of commisions or issues with company policies.

That's probably the biggest gripe I have with GC, is the turnover of employees, good and bad. I'd love to see the same faces in the store from month to month, simply so I don't have to explain that I'm not a dad looking for gear for my child (goes hand in hand with being asked "Oh, do you play drums?") People don't need to know who I am, or that I started shopping at GC 30+ years ago. It's because they don't know, that they need to handle customers more professionally But Guitar Center doesn't teach this, or much else, and the kids hired in aren't experienced enough to bring their own people skills to the job.

Once in a GREAT while there'll be a pro behind the counter who hangs in there for a few years. But it's becoming rarer, especially in the last 10-15 years. There's a guy at the local GC who's been the manager for a little over a year. Heck, that's a lifer for Guitar Center!

Bermuda