View Single Post
Old 08-26-2010, 02:40 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Getting funded by a record label

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummingman View Post
But what some call practicality i call negativity and limiting mindsets that keep a person in a little box.?.
What could be a more limited mindset than to preach hypothetically and anonymously on a drum forum under the pretense of seeking input?

Quote:
I dont have to take it for granted that most others here dont get where im coming from. They made that very clear from what they have said. Im glad you have been out there doing your thing. I have also done things as well. Just because i dont post everything about my life on a forum does not mean that i have not accomplished anything..
Maybe you have maybe you haven't. Right now you're this mysterious entity getting numerous similar comments on several drum forums. If this is a publicity gimmick it isn't working. As for publicizing more about yourself maybe you should try it. I still remain perplexed about how you avoid being seen or heard. Roy Haynes once said that the invisible don't get to lecture. Sounds right to me.

Quote:
This just shows all to well that you dont know me even in the least. God does help those who helps themselves for sure. And i am doing things to help myself. Again, just because i dont post everything about myself here to see if you approve does not mean that im standing still in my life.

I dont hold a grudge against you man for the things that you have said to me. But dude, you personally dont get me at all. And im really ok with that.
Dude it isn't up to me to get you.

It also doesn't matter if you hold grudges or any of that other stuff. See that's the whole issue here. You have to first convince others that you're even worthy of that consideration. In my limited experience with this business stuff up now it's all about the clarity and transparency of your presentation. And if it takes more than 5 minutes to get you then they move on to the other million guys standing in the same line with clearer presentations. I actually know a lot about these Christian bands, including the ones going in the same direction as you, and there just as competitive and cutthroat as anything else.

Honestly, I'm always more than happy to be around as many confused guys as possible. All that means is more for me. And that really isn't a cut, that's just a straight up fact. Still nobody can say that I didn't try to help.

Have a good one man.