View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 09:52 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Getting funded by a record label

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummingman View Post
I dont take kindly to be ripped up one side and down the other just because i dont agree with the masses and blindly follow what im told on the internet.
Then why are you here in the first place asking for affirmation? It isn't like people are looking for you to lecture or in your view criticize. In fact you've even taken this road show to other forums. I just saw this identical thread on the Roddy Forum and they're telling you the exact same thing.

And please, no one is ripping you. If you believe that then your skin is way too thin for the music business. And that's not up for discussion. That's a stone cold fact.

You want rips? Go visit an old WFD thread. This is nothing. In fact everyone here has tried to be nice to you.

Really man, what's this all about? If this is a marketing ploy there are better ways of doing that. Besides it's long past time that you show some of your music so people can objectively help you decide if all this talk is worth it anyway. Now I am of course aware that if it's not up to spec you're going to tell us we don't get that either, but at least we will know if talking to you is a waste of time and can simply ignore the next 8-10 threads you post.

But if you're sensational we can keep trying to work on you in a positive manner.

However, I will tell you this flat out. I am just now starting to know all the kinds of people you're hoping to connect with, and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that they're going to say your presentation up to now is naive and amateurish. Sorry, but I'm telling you the truth.

Besides, if you're already on board with a plan, why aren't you out there doing it instead of wasting all this time trying to sway strangers on the Internet? Just get on it with it and prove everyone wrong.

See, I just think there's something else going on here.