View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 07:59 AM

Default Re: Getting funded by a record label

Idealism.
Its good to have ideas, but sometimes the reality of a situation is not compatible with your ideals. I do not believe anyone here is telling you that your dreams are impossible or that you can't do it. Most people are telling you that the world does not work in an ideal manner that you believe. If you wanna make it, you gotta play the game.

I guess what I am trying to say is, you seem like a nice guy but you have some unrealistic ideas about life. Don't get me wrong, I am a deep thinker about things & I am out here giggin all the time, tryin to live the dream & make it too, but I am playing the game. I would rather play covers for money, & work on my original music on the side.
In an ideal utopian world things would be different, all musicians would only be creative, play what they feel when they felt like it & not worry about image or money. It sucks but that is how it works. Especially in the southeast U.S. So if opportunity knocks go for it, but don't let your ideals hold you back. Do some research on Thomas Jefferson for example of idealism vs. reality.