View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 07:24 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Getting funded by a record label

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Who ever said "IT CAN'T BE DONE"? Who? Where? In which one of your many threads?........Please, show me.

This is where we digress my friend. Across all your threads, I've never seen a single soul tell you straight up that "it can't be done"........never. You confuse practicality for negativity.....the two are vastly removed. A good start would be to learn the difference.

But I'll tell you this. I stopped believing a long time ago that Santa, or the tooth fairy or whatever magical entity you want to portray, was gonna just up and hand it to me on a platter, no questions asked. If you want something you've gotta get off your arse and work for it. At 34 years of age, this should be self evident.

The simple fact is, that you won't. You haven't got a band, you haven't got music, at this point in your "career" you've got nada! Get the important issues sorted first (a band would be a great start, then I'd concentrate on the MUSIC) and then worry about the "what if's".

That's pretty much all I've tried to tell you all along. Yet, those practicalities get lost in dream time and everyone gets branded as a naysayer as a result. It's so frustrating!

A successful career CAN be made, there's NO disputing that. But NOT without taking that first step. Get a band, write music, get a product that people want to hear. Until you accept that, the rest is just polite (though albeit, delusional) conversation.
People dont have to come right out and say it cant be done in order for me to see that that is what they mean (im not saying everybody that has posted by any means. Just some). Personally, what i see some as calling practicality is nothing more then negativity just under a different name. Its certain people in this thread tearing others down because they believe that they themselves cant do it. So they want to convence others that they cant as well. Everyone that has ever been successful at something has heard the same things from people that dont believe that they can do it so they try to tear others down. Its not a new thing in the world. What you call "dream time" i call forward thinking. Just because i dont think like you does not mean that i am wrong. Of course there is a lot that i still need to learn. But if you had it all figured out you would be rolling in money playing huge stadiums with a huge band. Are you? I have a feeling the answer is no. If im wrong please post a pic of your platinum album.

I know its going to take hard work. There are things that i have already accomplished (like getting my music degree). I dont expect anyone to just hand me what i want to achieve.

You keep bring up my age as is if one is ever too old to be successful. This is just not true by any stretch of the imagination. Look at colonel sanders. He was cooking chicken at age 40 out of his service station( not sure if he owned the station and not exactly sure when he started cooking chicken) but he did not franchise Kentucky Fried Chicken restaurants until he was 65 years old. And he did it on 105.00 from his first social security check. Then he turned around and sold the corporation for 2 million dollars. One is never too old to do something.

I am working my way towards a goal. Just because i am not there yet does not mean that i will never be there. In this time of my life i am working some things out that need to be worked out (one being a hand injury). After this season i will be moving to Atlanta to get things going there.

Your dead wrong that i wont work for what i want. And yor also dead wrong that ive got "nada". Your sitting in your ivory tower and passing judgment on me and frankly you have no idea of what you are talking about. Just because i dont have a band right now does not mean that i am not moving forward. I had a band not too long before i left virginia and moved to florida. That band did not work out. Its real easy to yack away at me on your keyboard when you dont know me personally. And you dont know where i am at and what i have done and what i am doing.

I dont have to convence you of anything. Its not important to me that i prove anything to you. Whats important is that i prove to myself that i can be successful.

I dont take kindly to be ripped up one side and down the other just because i dont agree with the masses and blindly follow what im told on the internet.