View Single Post
Old 08-25-2010, 05:24 AM
Silver Member

Default Re: Getting funded by a record label

Quote:
Originally Posted by brady View Post
After reading this entire post, I have to jump in at this point.

Define 'successful'. If your primary goal is to be financially comfortable, why bother finding a Christian band? Just find a regular metal band. What is your main purpose for being a part of a Christian band?

And I believe that even if you are a successful Christian artist, you're still not well-known. Just look at their current top songs... How many people on this forum do you think know who Chris Tomlin, Matt Maher, or the Newsboys are? Even more so with Christian metal.
Im a devout Christian and i want to share my faith and world view through my life and my music. And i also love metal. Those are the 2 main reasons why i want to start or join a Christian metal band.

Some of the bigger rock/ metal bands that are Christain are: P.o.d, Underoath, Norma Jean, Living Sacrifice, Zao. While some of these bands are less known then others, some have been very big. So being in a Christain metal band does not mean that the band cant reach a huge level while staying true to their beliefs and to their musical vision.

Its about where my heart is at.