Thread: Art and Music
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 03:14 AM

Default Re: Art and Music

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Don't forget that Feynman was also a drummer, an amazing story teller (very funny), and one of the finest humans ever to grace this planet. "Surely Your Joking Mr. Feynman" reads nothing like "A Brief History of Time" (which I've plowed through more than one...), and like Seinfeld, Surely You're Joking isn't really about anything!

Also by Feynman: "What Do You Care What Other People Think ?: Further Adventures of a Curious Character" is an equally excellent an entertaining read.
Yep...a damm funny character, drummer AND half-decent artist to boot......EASY reading!!! The passage I was trying to reference was when he and an artist friend were arguing over who better see's the asthetic beauty of a flower.....the artist, or the goofy scientist??? His argument,.....not only could he appreciate the outer beauty, but also the inner workings...chemical reactions, cell interactions (the, "deeper" aspects that make the flower...a flower)..... things the artist was completely oblivious too....and as usual, he made you look sort of foolish in defending your own ignorance......indeed a curious character.
The older I get....the more I realize how one-sided most arguments/perspectives can be....the only thing I know, is that I know very little....and again, "does the artist see music in ways a musican does not?".....depends completely on what you have pulled from, in your life experience....the entire idea, to me, is absurd.

And PS...by today's standards, the very term, "artist" is an absurdity.......