View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 08:36 PM
Platinum Member

Default Re: Songs that totally rock out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Williams View Post
I agree brother.

Black Sabbath's Sabotage album is great! Symptom of the Universe has that catchy riff guitar from Tony Iommi, is excellent.

Well you know as much as I do - Led Zeppelin is Led Zeppelin. I like "We're gonna groove", the way Bonham rides the Bell!!!

+ Deep Purple: Smoke on the water, Space truckin', Highway star, Mandrake root, Fireball, Speed king, Living wreck, Wring that neck, Hush.......
Yes Ian I knew you liked "were gonna groove" great song if you get a chance check it out on the Led-Zeppelin DVD the Royal Albert Hall concert that's where they recorded that track.

Just too let you know "smoke on the water" was the first tune I sang as a child (2 yrs. old) even as much as like Bonham I gotta say Ian Paice was my first influence.

I've had the pleasure of seeing Mr. Paice (5) times and never been disappointed.
funny story: Deep Purple was playing at Pine Knob a outdoor amphitheater up here in Michigan and a guy from the audience was trying too get on stage and almost did but Ian Gillian hit that guy in the face with his Mic a Shure sm58 I believe you could hear the smack over the PA..........too cool LOL

I know you like the Ian Gillian years with DP but did you like any DP after Ian Gillian? I always like the David Coverdale years also. I love "Burn" now there is a tune that totally rocks out some of Ian Paice's best drumming IMO that whole album is killer.

Keep swattin"
Bonzolead