Thread: Dave King
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 11:44 AM

Default Re: Dave King

Hi, first post... Can't sleep and for some reason decided to look for some Dave King vids... fell into this rabbit hole.

I've had the pleasure of being able to record Dave in various Mn venues since late '05 when I caught one of the now annual Bad Plus Christmas sets at the Dakota. He's been very open and supportive of "tapers" and as such I've seen many of his side projects: Halloween Alaska, Happy Apple, Buffalo Collision, FKG (Foltz King Granros) Starry Eyed Lovelies, Shovel and the freshest, Dave King Trucking Company.

I've always been eager to hear him play, especially in the cozy confines of St. Paul's Artists' Quarter. There's nothing like sitting stage side watching him "pick and grin". For those of you who've never seen Happy Apple live, I'd check out any rare touring appearance. I'm not sure if the band exists to foster Dave's ambition to do stand up (sit down?) comedy or if the shtick between tunes just fits the loose no boundaries philosophy of the band... What do I know?

I've put a Happy Apple set up on Tapers.org that can be streamed or downloaded. Look for HA2007-09-02mtrx.flac16 in the list. Also there is the latest from The Dave King Trucking Company, DaveKingTrucking2010-06-14AKG414.flac16, that was recorded by a fellow taper. I see three Bad Plus sets as well.

Enjoy. I have.

Dave

Last edited by DPK; 07-03-2010 at 03:42 PM.