View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member

Default Re: A new Australian national anthem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocket-full-of-gold View Post
Yeah.......success on the sporting field tends to remain elusive as a general rule. Really looking forward to the Ashes at the end of the year. Might be time to get cocky and start looking to our Pommy forum mates for a few friendly wagers.....I could do with some cold, hard Sterling at current exchange rates!!

Peaceful? It's a war out there Pol.....the streets of Melbourne are being overrun by 16 year old thugs with bottles and knives and gangster wannabe's armed to the teeth. The recent "drug wars" seem to have them breeding in droves. Shame....beautiful city but less and less safe at night. Definitely NOT the city I grew up in.

As for "neighbourly tension".....well, there's always the Kiwi's!! :-)
Can't say I care who wins the cricket. If we win then it's "Go team!" and if the Poms win we get to laugh at their little triumphal nonsense ... you know, flashbacks to the glory days of the empire with Britannia Rules blah blah ... it's kind of cute, like an ageing bunny rabbit trying to beat its chest and roar.

PFOG, remember ... I said "relatively peaceful", not "peaceful". Such is the state of things that the young hoods here still don't make us anywhere near as violent as most countries. More people = more tensions = less individual accountability = more fighting. Almost all places will continue to be increasingly violent.

So ya reckon we should declare war on the Kiwis? It's a bit of a leap from cheering fpr them in the WC :)