View Single Post
Old 06-21-2010, 12:53 AM
Gold Member

Default Re: A Little bit of Theory

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryace View Post
Sorry Coldhardsteel, no disrespect intended, quite the contrary. Anyway I agree with your observation that the audience should not feel alienated by the band. I see that way more (audience being alienated) than the reverse. And I though that your OP was referring to you because of the words "here's my beef". OK so now I'm straight.

The one thing you said that I found surprising was that you said you set up speciffically so you can get a good look at whoever you might play for. I would love that too but I'm always getting crammed as far back as possible, 24/7. Must be nice to have that much freedom in setting up.

However, it doesn't serve us well as a group to publicly agree that certain types of guitarists get on our collective nerves. Some things are better left unsaid. If you felt that way chances are others do too, nuff said. Another valid POV could be that without those people, some of the greatest music in the world may have never happened.
Oh, I didn't take any disrespect at all, I should be the one apologizing for coming off as defensive. Just call me Steels, man.

Yeah, it's a battle of psychology. Next time you're gigging, try to check that out, see if I'm right or wrong.

Well, when I say set up, I mean my kit is set in a certain configuration. There's not much we drummers can do about being pushed to the back of the stage, we have a big instrument.

Yes, yes, I know, don't want to be offensive to guitarists. I personally love my guitarist, but the guitarist for the power-metal group I drum for is... A power-metal guitarist. Hope that's not too ambiguous.