View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 06:58 PM
TFITTING942

Default Re: 2010 World Cup-South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattsmith View Post
I don't want to go too much farther than this.

Nobody targeted Ghana dancing or that of any paticular demographic, nor did I go looking for the single most provocative demographic to target an insult that never existed like you just did. You were wrong to go there.

Come on guys. I'm one of the American guys trying to enjoy. If you're going to make the club an exclusive then maybe the US is right to ignore it.

Nor are all of us commenting on the silly insults of American sports that always accompany this train of thought. Why even address that? I've been hearing it ever since I lived in europe 8 years ago, and it's old nonproductive news based on nuances that neither side remotely understands. All it does is bring out the xenophobic Americans and their silly catch phrases. Then suddenly the dialogue is over.

I'm a proud American, happy to live in Europe, enjoying a nice experience discovering something new. Let me do that without all the side dishes.

Matt, I work with a gentleman who comes from the Congo. Very nice guy, period. But when it comes to soccer( football), he can't wait to preach from the roof tops to all of us how great it is and pure it is blah, blah, blah. My point is, I don't tell anyone about the sports I like or explain how they are the best etc. And it seems to me like most non-americans can't wait to take that angle and I don't understand why. It's like why bother?.