Re: Can Drummers Cook?
Heres one of mine.
1) Start with a cup of rice. Place the rice in a wok with enough oil to coat the grains.
2) Add some Venison (about half a pound cut into small strips)
3) Brown the meat and the rice just a bit at high heat.
4) Add two cups of beef stock along with some peas and thinly cut carrots. (about a cup)
5) Add some hot salsa to taste. (I add about 4 tablespoons)
6) Bring to a boil, Lower the heat, Cover and simmer at low heat until rice is cooked. About 20 mins
It also works with Beef, Rabbit or Chicken
Use chicken stock for rabbit or chicken.
I also add some Mrs. Dash. I have to eat low salt. There is more than enough salt in the stock.
I kind of like old drums:)